A Long-Standing, Accomplished Criminal Defense Lawyer In Queens
Barbara Wilkanowski, Attorney At Law delivers prompt, individual attention and maximum effort for clients and their families when they face any problem related to an arrest, criminal charge or investigation. Whether you are charged with a misdemeanor, first-time DWI or multiple felonies, my prior experience, first as a prosecutor in Queens and now as a defense attorney, will be invaluable.
Get The Legal Facts And Guidance You Need To Make Solid Decisions
First and foremost, I am here to help you make the best decisions possible for your future. You need to understand and think through consequences — looking beyond possible jail time and fines to the total impact a criminal record will have on your life. You deserve honest, practical guidance on the likelihood of a positive outcome at trial and what is realistic to accomplish through negotiation.
You can turn to me, attorney Barbara Wilkanowski in Flushing, New York, with confidence in traumatic, pivotal times. My knowledge and capabilities cover the spectrum of investigative, case building and trial work associated with matters such as:
- DWI charges at all levels, as well as other serious driving offenses such as driving while license suspended and reckless driving
- Drug possession and sales, including marijuana charges
- Domestic violence allegations that can lead to an assault charge and involve the issuance of orders of protection
- Fraud and other financial crimes, including check forgery and workers’ compensation or Social Security fraud
- Theft, larceny, possession of stolen goods and other property crimes
- Alleged probation violations that can lead to jail time and full enforcement of the mandatory maximum sentence
Put A Diligent, Widely Respected Defense Lawyer To Work For You
Were you wrongfully arrested? Were your constitutional rights violated in an illegal search of your person or vehicle? What personal factors — from your need to drive for work to involvement in a divorce or custody dispute — must be considered in deciding whether to fight or plead? Hiring a private criminal defense attorney can help ensure that all such questions are asked and answered, whereas a public defender may take a much less thorough approach.
I will gladly provide a free initial consultation on your case. In addition to criminal matters in and near Queens, I handle many traffic violations in Nassau County and address civil violations for construction companies and other businesses. Simply call 866-308-7620 or email me now.